Besan Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mapsofindia.com/my-india/food/besan-ka-halwa
|Besan Halwa Recipe|
||5 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Besan (Gram Flour)
- 1 cup (236 ml) Ghee
- 1 cup (8 oz.) Sugar
- 2 tbsp Cashews (chopped)
- ½ tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup (236ml) Water
How to make Besan Halwa:
- Take a pan and heat it on low flame.
- Roast the dry besan into the pan till it changes color to brown.
- Add ghee into the besan and mix it well.
- Cook the besan in it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add sugar and chopped cashews into the besan when the besan becomes dark brown.
- Pour in water and stir continuously to avoid lumps formation.
- Reduce heat and keep stirring.
- Once besan achieves the consistency of a smooth, flexible paste, then you can make out that halwa is ready.
- Sprinkle with cardamom powder and mix well.