Besan Paratha Recipe
Photo Credit: http://sybaritica.me/2013/07/24/rajasthani-roti/
|Besan Paratha Recipe|
||8.7 / 10 (10 votes)|
- ½ cup Besan (Gram Flour)
- ½ cup Atta
- 1-1/2 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 pinches Asafetida
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 1 medium-sized Onion (finely chopped)
- Salt to taste
- Ghee to shallow fry
How to make Besan Paratha:
- Mix all the ingredients except ghee in a bowl and knead it into soft dough using warm water.
- Cover the dough with a muslin cloth and leave it for 15 minutes.
- After the desired time period, divide the dough into equal portions and roll out each portion into a small circle.
- Now apply a little ghee in the center of each circle and fold all the adjoining sides.
- Roll out the above into a bigger circle and place it on a heated griddle.
- Once paratha is cooked on one side, turn it over; apply ghee on the cooked side.
- Now allow to cook the other side and repeat the same process till both sides are properly cooked.
- Put off the flame and serve Besan Paratha with curd or pickle.