Bhindi Raita Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.supermomrecipes.net/bhindi-raita/
|Bhindi Raita Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
- 2 Cups thinly sliced okra, washed and dried
- 1 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard seeds
- A pinch of asafoetida
- 6 Curry leaves
- 1/2 Cup oil for frying
- 2 Green chilies, chopped finely
- 2 Cups yogurt, lightly beaten
- Salt to taste
How to make Bhindi Raita:
- Heat oil in a wok.
- Pour bhindi (chopped) and stir - fry until it had turned brown in colour; to remove excess oil - keep it on kitchen towel.
- Allow it to cool.
- Mix green chillies, yoghurt, fried bhindi (lady finger) and salt in a bowl and then place to a serving bowl.
- Now, heat 1 tsp. oil in a small pan, add the curry leaves and mustard seeds.
- With the crackling sound, add asafoetida powder and stir for a few seconds and pour over the raita bowl.
- Cover to allow flavours to coalesce.