Biscotti di Prato Recipe
|Biscotti di Prato Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||70 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 2 cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla
- ¾ cup Almonds (toasted and halved)
- 1 cup Sugar
- Dash of Salt
- 3 Eggs
- ½ tsp Almond Extract
How to make Biscotti di Prato:
- Combine flour, baking powder, salt and sugar and blend through an electric mixture until smooth.
- Whisk together egg, almond extract and vanilla and add to the flour mixture.
- Mix until dough is formed and then add almonds in it.
- Place on a floured surface and then knead and divide into 2 equal parts.
- Shape each into rectangular log and place on buttered and floured baking sheets.
- Bake at 300 degrees F for 40 minutes. Slice diagonally and bake again at 250 degrees F for another 25 minutes until light golden.
- Cool and place in an airtight container. Serve with coffee.