Bisi Bele Bhath Recipe
|Bisi Bele Bhath Recipe|
|Rating||6.1 / 10 (73 votes)|
- 100 gms Rice
- 75 gms Tuar Dal (Arhar Dal)
- ½ cup Frozen Carrots
- ½ cup Frozen Beans
- ½ cup Frozen Potatoes
- ½ cup Frozen Peas
- 1 Tomato
- 2 tsp Oil
- A little pulp of Tamarind (Imli)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder (Haldi)
- ½ cup Coconut (desiccated)
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 2 Onions (sliced)
- Salt to taste
- 6 Curry Leaves
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds (Dhania)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 3 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Aniseed/Fennel Seeds (Saunf)
- 1" stick Cinnamon (Dalchini)
- 4 pods Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 6 Cloves (Laung)
- 8 Peppercorns (Kali Mirchi)
How to make Bisi Bele Bhath:
- Wash rice and dal separately, and soak them for 10 minutes.
- Put the dal on heat till half cooked.
- Soak the tamarind pulp and keep it aside.
- Roast all the spices. Mix them with coconut, turmeric powder, ginger and garlic paste.
- Now grind the mixture into a thick paste using a little water. Keep this masala aside.
- Heat the oil in a pan. Add mustard seeds and curry leaves to it.
- When the mustard seeds start spluttering, add the sliced onions and fry till soft.
- Add tamarind juice and 1 cup of water to the onions. Let the water boil.
- Now add the rice, frozen vegetables, tomatoes, half-cooked tuar daal, masala and salt to the boiling water. Cook it on a low flame till done.
- Garnish Bisi Bele Bhath with coriander leaves. Serve it hot with a dash of pure ghee.