Black Gram Dal Recipe
Photo Credit: http://zaiqa.net/category/beans-and-lentils-dal/black-gram-urad-dal/
|Black Gram Dal Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||35 Minutes |
- 1 cup Black Matpe Beans (Urad Dal)
- 1/3 cup Kidney Beans (Rajma)
- 2 tsp Fennel Seeds (coarsely crushed)
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 4 tbsp Clarified Butter (Ghee)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- Hing (as required)
- 1 tbsp Ginger (minced)
- 1 tbsp Garlic (chopped)
- 1 medium Onion (finely chopped)
- 3 medium Tomatoes (finely chopped)
- ½ tsp Hot Spice (Garam Masala)
- ½ cup Cream Fresh
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (finely chopped)
- 6 cups Water
- Salt to taste
How to make Black Gram Dal:
- For six hours soak separately the black matpe beans and kidney beans in different containers.
- Wash both separately for thrice and place it in a cooker then add the water to it.
- Seal the cooker and place at the medium heat and remove after 2 whistles.
- Over the burning flame place a thick bottomed vessel and add clarified butter to it.
- To the heated clarified butter add the onions and saute it golden brown.
- Put in all the spices ingredients with ginger, garlic, tomatoes and (1 tsp) salt to taste.
- Stir the mixture for 6 minutes or till essence emits.
- Pour the boiled ingredients to it and mix everything properly for another 4 minutes.
- Cover the vessel tight and simmer it at low temperature for 10 minutes or more till everything is cooked well.
- Once it is cooked mix fresh cream and add chopped coriander for garnish.
Best serve it with roti, paratha and rice.