Blackberry Cobbler Recipe
|Blackberry Cobbler Recipe|
||25 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 cups fresh or frozen Blackberries
- 1 cup Sugar
- ¼ tsp Cinnamon (ground)
- 3 tbsp Cornstarch
- 1 cup cold Water
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1½ cups All-Purpose Flour
- 1 tbsp Sugar
- 1½ tsp Baking Powder
- ½ tsp Salt
- ½ cup cold Butter
- ½ cup 2% Milk
- Whipped Topping or Vanilla Ice Cream (optional)
How to make Blackberry Cobbler:
- Mix together blackberries, sugar and cinnamon in a large saucepan.
- Stir and cook the mixture to boiling point.
- Combine cornstarch and water and stir to dissolve cornstarch.
- Add the mixture to the fruit mixture. Stir well.
- Boil the mixture again and cook for 2 minutes till the mixture thickens.
- Pour the mixture into a greased 8-inch baking dish.
- Baste the mixture with butter.
- Prepare the topping by mixing flour, sugar, baking powder and salt together in a small bowl.
- Add butter and mix to form coarse crumbs.
- Add milk and stir until just moistened.
- Drop tablespoonfuls of the topping on the hot berry mixture.
- Bake the mixture at 350 °F (175 °C) for 30 to 35 minutes till the filling is bubbly and topping turns golden brown.
- Serve warm with whipped topping or vanilla ice cream.