Bombay Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WCRhytTRbDM
|Bombay Halwa Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||90 Minutes |
||1.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 cup Ghee
- 1/3 cup Sago
- 1/3 cup plain Flour
- 2/3 cup Corn Flour
- 4 cups Sugar
- 2 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 2 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 cup crushed assorted Nuts (cashews, pistachios, almonds, and peanuts)
- Foods colors (green, yellow, orange, or red)
How to make Bombay Halwa:
- Soak sago in 2 cups water overnight.
- Combine plain flour and corn flour. Soak overnight in 2 cups water.
- Make a thick syrup from 1½ cups water and sugar, boiling and stirring on medium heat.
- Add lemon juice and stir.
- Combine sago with flour mixture and pour into a non-sticky pan on low heat.
- Add 1 tsp ghee, alternating with 1 tsp syrup, to the flour mix, until both the ingredients remain half of their actual volume.
- Add a pinch of color and cardamom powder, stirring constantly.
- Add the remaining ghee and syrup in the same manner, stirring after each addition.
- Add nuts and mix well.
- Simmer until the mixture turns translucent and starts leaving the pan.
- Butter a deep platter and pour the mixture in it and cool to room temperature.
- After 1 hour, cut the halwa in squares.
- This yummy delight is ready to be served.