Bora Pickle Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/bora-pickle-oessSAjadageh.html
|Bora Pickle Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||2880 Minutes |
- 1 kg Boras or Snake Beans (big and ripe brown)
- 2 tbsp Mustard seeds
- 2 tbsp Anise seeds
- 2 tbsp Shahjeera (Cumin)
- 25 g Ginger (sliced into small pieces)
- 3 tbsp Chili powder
- 2 tbsp Turmeric powder
- 250 g Sugar
- Salt to taste
How to make Bora Pickle:
- Keep the boras in sun for 2 days.
- On the third day cut a slit on one side halfway through.
- Take out the seeds carefully without tearing the boras.
- Ground anise seeds, mustard and shahjeera coarsely and blend it with salt, turmeric powder, and chili powder.
- Stuff the mixture nicely into each bora and keep them aside.
- Pour 1/4 cup water in sugar and make thick syrup.
- Mix in the boras and ginger and remove from fire.
- Cool and store in bottle.
- Ready to eat after 2 days.
Serve with Paratha, roti or rice.