Braised Red Cabbage Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.smallwalletbigappetite.com/2013/01/balsalmic-braised-red-cabbage.html
|Braised Red Cabbage Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||105 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- ½ Lemon (juice)
- 2 Thyme Sprigs
- 50 ml Light Chicken Stock
- 3 tbsp Red Wine Vinegar
- 3 tbsp Light Brown Sugar
- 1 large Red Cabbage (finely sliced)
- 2 large Cooking Apples (peeled, cored and sliced)
- 2 medium Onions (finely sliced)
- 30 g Butter
How to make Braised Red Cabbage:
- Preheat the oven to 170 °C.
- Place a large flame-proof casserole on fire and melt butter.
- Add onions and apples and cook gently, until they turn soft.
- Add red cabbage, brown sugar, red wine vinegar, chicken stock and thyme sprigs.
- Bring the preparation to a simmer and cover with a close-fitting lid.
- Place the casserole in the oven and cook for 1 hour & 45 minutes, stirring once or twice during cooking.
- When the cabbage turns tender, add the lemon juice and serve.