Bread Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://manjeera.org/2011/04/bread-halwa/
|Bread Halwa Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||3.8 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 10 slices of White Bread
- 8 tbsp Khoya
- ½ cup Whole Milk
- ¼ cup Sugar (powdered)
- ½ cup Raisins
- ¼ tsp of Cardamom Powder
- ½ cup Refined Oil
- 2 tbsp Ghee
How to make Bread Halwa:
- Take a big bowl and pour the whole milk and khoya into it.
- Dip the bread slices in the milk together with raisins and cardamom powder, till soft.
- Don't forget to check for any lumps of bread in the mixture.
- In a wok (kadhai), put some oil and fry the bread mixture in low heat till brown.
- Consider it cooked only when the oil separates from the mixture.
- Add ghee to the mixture before removing it from heat.
- Garnish with slivers of pista and cashewnuts.
- Serve hot.