Brinjal Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.tamilspider.com/resources/3880-Vanghi-Bhath-Brinjal-Rice-Tamil-Recipe-with.aspx
|Brinjal Rice Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 320 gm Rice (half boiled)
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 1 strand Curry Leaves
- 5 Brinjals (Eggplants)(chopped)
- 3 Green Chilies (finely sliced)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tbsp Lemon Juice
- 3 tsp Vegetable Oil
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Brinjal Rice:
- Place a pan on medium flame and pour oil into it.
- Add mustard seeds and curry leaves, fry for a minute.
- Put in the brinjals and green chilies, and stir-fry for 10 minutes.
- Add salt and turmeric powder. Mix well.
- Blend in the half boiled rice and stir gently.
- Cook for another 5 minutes.
- Pour in the lemon juice, stir, and remove the pan from the flame.
Best serve it with rasam, curd and dal.