Photo Credit: http://www.redactedrecipes.com/2008/03/lamb-briouats.html
||15 Minutes |
||60 Minutes |
- 455 gm Blanched Almonds (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cinnamon (Dalchini)(ground)
- 1cup Sugar
- 2 tbsp Orange Blossom Water
- 2 tbsp Butter (melted)
- 455 gm Filo Sheets (each 12x17 inches)
- 1 cup Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Honey (warmed)
- 2 tbsp Sesame Seeds (toasted)
How to make Briouats:
- Put the almonds with cinnamon, sugar, orange blossom water, melted butter in a blender and blend it.
- Split many filo sheets lengthwise and crosswise. Fold the sheets lengthwise so that it is 3" wide.
- Place 1 full tsp almond filling on the lower left hand side of the filo sheet and wrap it over to form triangle. Next wrap it over to the left and to the right again. Keep it doing until whole sheet is folded into a triangle.
- Close the packets using beaten egg.
- Put oil in a pan ad heat it. Fry the pastries on low flame until it is brown.
- Keep the pastries immersed in honey for 10 min. Then take it out and pour over sesame seeds. Let it cool & dry and serve it.