Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe
|Broccoli Cheese Soup Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1¼ pounds Broccoli (washed and trimmed)
- 2 cups Onions
- 5 tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 7 cups Chicken Broth
- 1 tsp Oregano (crumbled and dried)
- ¼ cup Flour
- 2 tbsp Dijon Mustard
- 1/8 tsp Pepper
- 1 cup Milk
- 2 cups Cheddar Cheese (shredded)
How to make Broccoli Cheese Soup:
- Cut and divide the florets of broccoli into small sections and simmer in slightly salted water 2 minutes.
- Drain the broccoli and immerse in cold water. Keep it aside.
- Cut the broccoli stalks into small pieces and put it in a large saucepan.
- Add sliced onions and 3 tablespoons of butter or margarine and cook over medium heat for 5 minutes.
- Add the oregano and three cups of chicken broth to the saucepan and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Take the mixture off the heat and let cool for 10 minutes
- Process the mixture in a blender in batches until it is smooth.
- Melt 2 tablespoons of butter or margarine in the saucepan, add the flour and cook it while stirring it continually. Cook until it is smooth and bubbly.
- Stir in the mustard and pepper and gradually add in the blended mixture as well as 4 cups of chicken broth.
- Stir gently as this simmers over a medium flame, until it begins to bubble.
- Add the cheese and milk and stir until the cheese is completely melted.