Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.salad-in-a-jar.com/family-recipes/broccoli-rice-casserole-no-canned-soup
|Broccoli Rice Casserole Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 2 (10 ounce) packages Frozen Broccoli (chopped)
- 3 cups Instant Rice
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Condensed Cream of Mushroom Soup
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can Condensed Cream of Chicken Soup
- 1¼ cups Water
- 1 (16 ounce) package Processed American Cheese (cubed)
- 1 tbsp Butter
- 1 bunch Celery (chopped)
- 1 large Onion (chopped)
- Salt (to taste)
- Pepper (to taste)
How to make Broccoli Rice Casserole:
- Cook broccoli and rice as instructed on the package.
- Preheat oven to 350°F (175°C).
- Place a medium saucepan over low heat and combine cream of mushroom soup, cream of chicken soup and water in it. Mix well.
- Add in the American cheese gradually and stir to melt it. Make sure not to burn the cheese.
- Place a large skillet over medium-high heat and melt butter in it.
- Add celery and onion and sauté until soft.
- Take a large mixing bowl and combine broccoli, rice, soup mixture, celery and onion in it.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the mixture into a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Bake the dish in the oven for 45 minutes, till it turns bubbly and lightly brown.
- Serve hot.