Browned Onion Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27601/lower+gi+french+onion+soup
|Browned Onion Soup Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||7.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 2 Onions (chopped)
- 1 medium Capsicum (finely chopped)
- 1 tsp Spring Onion Green (finely chopped)
- 1/4 tsp Ginger (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Garlic (grated)
- 1/4 tsp Green Chili Sauce
- 1 tsp Corn Flour
- 2 medium slices Plain Bread
- 4 cups Water
- 1 tsp Oil
- 1/2 tsp Butter
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
How to make Browned Onion Soup:
- Take a large saucepan; add ginger, garlic and onions.
- Fry until they turn brown in color.
- Now add water, boil it to simmer.
- Toast the bread and apply butter.
- Add sauce, salt, pepper, to soup.
- Make tiny quarters of bread toasts and add it to soup.
- Boil the mixture till bread softens.
- Mash the bread crumbles lightly with back of spoon.
- Add corn flour in water and add to soup.
- Boil the mixture for one minute approximately.
- Serve it hot.