Buttermilk Corn Bread Recipe
|Buttermilk Corn Bread Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 cup Cornmeal Blue or Yellow
- ½ cup Barley (pre-cooked)
- 1 tsp Baking Soda
- ½ tsp Sea Salt
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 1 cup Buttermilk
- 2 tbsp Honey
- 1/3 cup Onion (finely chopped)
- ½ cup Corn Kernels (canned)
- Butter (for greasing)
How to make Buttermilk Corn Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 F.
- Combine cornmeal with barley, baking soda, and sea salt in a large mixing bowl.
- Mix egg, oil, buttermilk, honey, and corn kernels in a separate bowl.
- Add to the cornmeal mixture and blend well until the dry ingredients are just moistened.
- Grease an iron skillet with butter and place in the mixture.
- Bake for 35 minutes, or until brown in color.
- Remove from the oven and slice.
- Serve hot.