Butterscotch Cake Recipe
|Butterscotch Cake Recipe|
|Rating||8.6 / 10 (13 votes)|
|Recipe Type||Non Veg.|
- 2 cups Cake Flour (Sifted)
- 1/2 cup Butter or Margarine (Softened)
- 1-1/2 cup Brown Sugar
- 1 cup Milk
- 3 tsp Baking Powder
- 1 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 tsp Salt
- 2 Eggs
- For Butter Frosting
- 1/4 cup Butter or Margarine
- 2 tbsp Cream
- 1/2 tsp Vanilla Extract
- 2 cups Powdered Sugar
- 1 tbsp Hot Water
How to make Butterscotch Cake:
- Take a bowl and put cake flour, baking powder and salt into it. Mix them well.
- Add brown sugar, butter or margarine, milk (2/3 cup) and vanilla extract to the mixture.
- Beat the mixture for about 2 minutes at an average speed.
- Now add eggs yolk and rest of the milk to the mixture. Again beat it for about 2 minutes.
- Pour the mixture into 8-inch greased cake pan.
- Preheat the oven at 350 F for 5 minutes.
- Bake the mixture at the same temperature for about 25-30 minutes.
- To prepare butter frosting, put the butter over low heat in a pan.
- As the butter starts turning brown, add the other ingredients of frosting to it. Keep stirring the mixture till it gets smooth. Cool down the mixture.
- After due time, take out the cake from the oven. Let it cool and now frost the cake with butter frosting.
- Butterscotch Cake is ready to serve.