Cabbage Borscht Mennonite Soup Recipe
|Cabbage Borscht Mennonite Soup Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- 2 pounds Beef Soup Bones
- 2 quarts Water
- 12 Carrots (chopped)
- 6 Potatoes (cubed)
- 1 head Cabbage (finely chopped)
- 3 Onions (minced)
- 1-1/2 tbsp fresh Parsley (chopped)
- 10 Whole Allspice Berries
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 1/2 Star Anise
- 1 tsp Salt
- 1 pinch Black Pepper (ground)
- 1-1/2 cups Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 cup heavy Cream
How to make Cabbage Borscht Mennonite Soup:
- Boil beef soup bones and water in a large pot, over medium-high heat.
- Reduce heat and allow simmering for 1½ hours. Add more water if required, so that the 2-quart level is maintained.
- Remove the soup bones and discard them. Now, strain the broth into a fresh pot and place on heat again.
- Stir in potatoes, carrots, cabbage, onions, parsley, allspice berries, bay leaf, star anise, salt, and pepper.
- Cook for 20 minutes, or till the potatoes are fork-tender.
- Stir in tomatoes and bring the soup to boil.
- Top with heavy cream and serve.