Cabbage Carrot Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bbc.co.uk/food/recipes/dry_curry_of_cabbage_71527
|Cabbage Carrot Curry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 3 tsp Chana Dal (split Bengal gram)
- 1/4 cup Fresh Coconut (grated)
- 3 cups Cabbage (chopped)
- 1 cup Carrots (cut into small cubes)
- Salt (to taste)
- For Seasoning:
- 5-6 Curry Leaves
- 4-5 Green Chilies (slit and cut into half)
- 3-4 tsp Vegetable Oil
- 1/2 tsp Mustard Seeds (Rai)
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeera)
- 1-2 Red Chilies (broken into pieces)
- 1/4 inch piece of Ginger (finely grated)
How to make Cabbage Carrot Curry:
- First steam the chopped cabbage and carrots with some salt.
- Then boil the chana dal with a little water about 4-5 minutes.
- Take a pan and heat oil.
- Put the mustard and cumin seeds, and fry it until they start popping. T
- Now add green and red chilies, ginger, and curry leaves and stir for a few seconds.
- Put the steamed cabbage, chana dal and carrot and stir-fry for
- 2 min on medium heat.
- Now put grated coconut and cook for another 2 min.
- Serve it hot.
Serve with rice.