Cabbage Kugel Recipe
|Cabbage Kugel Recipe|
||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
||Non Veg. |
- 5 cups Cabbage (finely shredded)
- 1/4 cup White Raisins (seedless)
- 3/4 cup Almonds (sliced blanched)
- 1-1/2 cups Cubed White Bread
- 1 Large Onion (chopped)
- 1/2 Cup Boiling Water
- 1/3 cup Potato Flour
- 1/3 cup Butter
- 2 tbsp Sugar
- 2 tsp Salt
- 4 Eggs
How to make Cabbage Kugel:
- Heat the butter in a pan over medium heat.
- When the butter melts, add shredded cabbage and salt; cook for 30 minutes, stirring frequently. Allow it to cool.
- Now add boiling water over the bread pieces and squeeze dry.
- Mash the bread pieces. Add potato flour, raisins, almonds and sugar to the bread.
- Add the egg yolk and cooked cabbage; mix until smooth.
- Beat the egg whites until stiff but not dry and add into the mixture.
- Pour the mixture into a greased casserole and put it in an oven preheated at 350 F oven for 40 minutes, or until set.
- Cabbage Kugel is ready. Serve hot.