Cabbage Rice Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.jeyashriskitchen.com/2012/05/cabbage-rice-recipe.html
|Cabbage Rice Recipe|
||9.2 / 10 (21 votes)|
- 1-1/2 cup Basmati Rice
- 1 Whole Cabbage
- 1 cup Green Peas (soaked)
- 2 Medium-Sized Onions (sliced)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (chopped)
- 2-3 pods Garlic (chopped)
- 1 inch Ginger (chopped)
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 2 tbsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Red Chili Powder
- 5-6 twigs Coriander Leaves
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
How to make Cabbage Rice:
- Wash the rice and cook it such that all the grains remain separate.
- Place the cooked in a plate to cool.
- Put chopped cabbage, a pinch of salt and turmeric powder in a vessel.
- Keep it on medium flame and let the cabbage be cooked.
- Cook the peas in a pressure cooker. Remove from the fire after 1 whistle.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan. Add cumin seeds and allow spluttering.
- Add chopped chilies, ginger, garlic, tomato and onion slices into it.
- Stir till onions turn light golden in color.
- Now add cooked cabbage, peas, coriander powder, turmeric powder and red chili powder to the above.
- Once the cabbage is slightly tender, add the cooked rice and a pinch of salt to the above. Stir the mixture thoroughly.
- Add some water and cover the vessel with a lid until the water dries completely.
- Remove rice from the heat.
- Garnish Cabbage Rice with chopped coriander leaves. Serve hot.