Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe
|Cajun Deep Fried Turkey Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 8 to14 lb Turkey
- 10 Gallons peanut oil
- 1/4 tbsp Black pepper
- 1/2 tbsp Cayenne
- 1 Cup salt
- 2 tbsp Lea and perrins worcestershire
- 1/4 Cup apple cider
- 1 Bottle beer
- 3/4 Cup honey
- 1/2 Cup essence or creole spice
- 1/4 tsp Cayenne
- 1 tbsp Crab boil
- Pinch of clove
- 1 tbsp Salt
- 1 tbsp Allspice
How to make Cajun Deep Fried Turkey:
- Rinse the turkey, drain well.
- Season the turkey with salt, pepper and cayenne.
- Massage the seasoning on skin and let sit overnight.
- In a blender, combine all the wet ingredients and then the dry ingredients to make the marinade.
- Puree on high speed for about 4 to 6 minutes and then add to an injector.
- Heat oil to 350 degrees F, depending on the quantity of oil used, generally takes between 45 minutes to one hour.
- To find out the correct amount of oil, place the turkey in the basket and then put in the pot.
- Add water till it reaches 1 to 2 inches above the turkey.
- Take out the turkey and note the water level, using a ruler to find out the distance from the top of the pot to the surface of the water.
- Take out the water and dry the pot thoroughly.
- Be sure to measure for oil before marinating or breading turkey.
- Meanwhile the oil is heating, prepare the turkey as needed.
- Put the turkey in the basket and gradually lower into the pot.
- Whole turkey need about 3 minutes per pound to cook.
- Take out the turkey and check the internal temperature with meat thermometer.
- The temperature should register 180 degrees F in the thigh and 170 degrees F in the breast.
- Turkey parts like wings, breast, and thighs need about 4 to 5 minutes per pound to come to the temperature.