Caldo Tlalpeno Recipe
|Caldo Tlalpeno Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 dried Chipotle Chile
- 2 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- 3 Roma Tomatoes (coarsely chopped)
- 1 small Onion (quartered)
- 1 clove Garlic
- ½ cup Cold Water
- 6 whole skinless Chicken Thighs
- 1 Potato (peeled and cubed)
- 1 Chayote Squash (unpeeled and cubed)
- 1 small Zucchini (sliced)
- 1 cup Green Beans (chopped)
- 1 cup Green Peas (thawed if frozen)
- 1/3 cup Lemon Juice
- Salt to taste
- Hot Sauce to taste
How to make Caldo Tlalpeno:
- Blend together the tomato, onion, garlic and cold water in a blender until pureed. Set aside.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan over medium-low heat and fry the chipotle chile until soft and puffed up.
- Add pureed mixture to the pan and increase the heat.
- Stir in chicken along with 2 cups water, potatoes, chayote squash and salt.
- Cover and cook for 20 to 30 minutes, until chicken is tender.
- Add the zucchini, beans and green peas and cook for another 10 minutes.
- Remove the chipotle from the pan and mince. Put back in the pan and mix well.
- Place a chicken thigh in the bottom of each bowl and add some vegetables and broth over it.
- Drizzle with lemon juice into each bowl.
- Serve with hot sauce.