Candied Carrots Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thenovicechefblog.com/2013/04/classics-candied-carrots/
|Candied Carrots Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 pound Carrots
- 2 tbsp Butter, diced
- 1 pinch Salt
- 1/4 cup Packaged Brown Sugar
- 1 pinch Ground Black Pepper
How to make Candied Carrots:
- Cut the carrots into 2 inch pieces.
- Place the carrots in a pot of salted water and bring to a boil.
- Reduce the heat to a high simmer and cook for 30 minutes. Ensure that the carrots don't turn mushy.
- Drain the carrots.
- Reduce the heat to the minimum and return the carrots to the pan.
- Add the salt, pepper, butter and brown sugar and stir well.
- Cook for 5 minutes until the sugar bubbles.