Caramel Bars Recipe
|Caramel Bars Recipe|
||8.2 / 10 (5 votes)|
- 32 Individually Wrapped Caramels
- 5 tbsp Heavy Cream
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips (semisweet)
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 3/4 cup Butter
- 1/2 cup Walnuts (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Baking Soda
- 1 cup All-Purpose Flour
- 1 cup rolled Oats
- 3/4 cup Brown Sugar
How to make Caramel Bars:
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Melt together the caramels and heavy cream in a saucepan, stir occasionally until blends.
- In a bowl, stir together the oats, brown sugar, flour, baking soda and salt.
- Stir in the melted butter until it blends well.
- Press half of the mixture into the bottom of a baking pan. Reserve the rest.
- Bake the crust for eight minutes in the preheated oven.
- Remove and dot with walnuts and chocolate chips.
- Pour the caramel mixture over the top and then crumble the remaining crust mixture over everything.
- Return to the oven and bake for an additional 12 minutes.
- Cut into squares while it is still warm.