Caramelize Onions Recipe
Photo Credit: http://fae-magazine.com/2012/09/23/how-to-make-crispy-caramelized-onion/
|Caramelize Onions Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
- 2 large Yellow Onions (peeled, sliced thin)
- 2 large Red Onions (peeled, sliced thin)
- 2 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 tbsp Butter
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (fresh ground, to taste)
How to make Caramelize Onions:
- Place a large heavy-bottom skillet or pot on medium heat.
- Melt butter and olive oil in the skillet.
- Add the sliced onions and half teaspoon of salt.
- Reduce the flame to low and cook the onions, stirring occasionally, for about 30 minutes or till the onions are soft, sweet and golden brown.
- Remove the skillet from heat.
- Add salt and black pepper to taste.