Carrot Payasam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://foodviva.com/dessert-recipes/carrot-kheer-recipe/
|Carrot Payasam Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
||10.0 / 10 (2 votes)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 4 Carrots
- 4 cups (32 oz) Milk
- 3/4 cup (6 oz) Sugar
- 2 Cardamom (Elaichi)
- 3 tbsp Almonds (grated)
- 10 Cashew nuts
- 4 tsp Almonds (chopped)
How to make Carrot Payasam:
- Boil the milk. Reduce the flame and keep on stirring till it becomes thick and 2/4 of the quantity.
- In between, boil the carrots in water till they become soft.
- Grind them to paste along with cashews.
- Add sugar and grinded cardamom to milk and stir constantly till it becomes more thick and 1/4 of the quantity.
- Now add the carrot paste to milk and increase the flame. Mix well.
- When it starts boiling, remove from heat and add the almonds for garnishing.