Cashew Beef Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.thriftyfoods.com/EN/main/cook/recipes/recipe.php?rid=2192
|Cashew Beef Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||50 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- 1 pound Beef Rump Steak (trimmed, sliced 2-inches long)
- 4 tbsp Vegetable Oil
- ½ cup Water
- 4 tsp Cornstarch
- 4 tsp Soy Sauce
- 1 tsp Sesame Oil
- 1 tsp Oyster Sauce
- 1 tsp Chinese Chili Sauce
- 8 Green Onions (coarsely chopped)
- 2 Garlic Cloves (crushed)
- 1 piece fresh Ginger (pared and finely chopped)
- 2/3 cup unsalted, roasted Cashew Nuts
How to make Cashew Beef:
- Heat half of the oil in a large skillet over high heat.
- Stir fry beef until evenly browned on all sides. Remove and set aside.
- Mix water, cornstarch, soy sauce, sesame oil, oyster sauce, and chili sauce in a small bowl. Whisk until smooth.
- Heat the remaining oil in a pan over high heat.
- Stir in onions, garlic, ginger, and cashews. Fry for 2-3 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Add meat and cornstarch mixture.
- Simmer until the gravy boils and becomes thick, stirring frequently to avoid burning.
- Serve hot.