Cashew Burfi Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GDYLfok7lBE
|Cashew Burfi Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 100 gm (3.5 oz) Cashew Nuts
- 250 gm (9 oz) Sugar
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) Ghee
- 1/2 cup (118 ml) Milk
- 1/4 tsp Saffron
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
How to make Cashew Burfi:
- Soak cashew in milk for an hour & grind finely along with saffron.
- In a casserole mix sugar with 1/2 cup of water & stir well.
- Microwave it on high for 4 minutes to dissolve the sugar, and stirring once in between.
- Microwave high ghee in a cup for 1 minute.
- To sugar syrup, add cashew paste & hot ghee. Microwave high for 12 to 15 minutes, stirring thoroughly twice in between.
- Test for soft ball stage (a drop of mixture when put into cold water should form a soft but firm ball). If not done microwave high again for about 1 or 2 minutes.
- Add cardamom powder, mix well, and pour onto a greased plate.
- Cut when slightly cool.