Cashew Halwa Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.nagpurtoday.in/badami-halwa-treat-your-tounge/07271320
|Cashew Halwa Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||15 Minutes |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Cashew Nuts (grated)
- 1/2 tbsp Ghee
- 1 1/2 cup (354 ml) Milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Sugar
- 1/2 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Cardamom Powder (Elaichi)
- A pinch of Saffron (Kesar)
- A few Cashew Nuts or Pista cut into small pieces
How to make Cashew Halwa:
- Fry grated cashew nuts in 1/2 tbsp ghee till it turns to light brown color on very low flame
- Keep on stirring all the while.
- Do not allow it to get very dark, remove and set aside.
- Boil milk with sugar and saffron till it becomes very thick.
- Add fried nuts and stir for 3-5 minutes.
- Once the mixture becomes quite thick and leaves the sides of the vessel, add cardamom powder, 1/2 tbsp of ghee and again stir for few a minute
- Remove from stove and pour the mixture onto a bowl
- Garnish with chopped nuts