Cauliflower Nutmeg Soup Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/27199/cauliflower+parmesan+soup+with+crispy+bacon
|Cauliflower Nutmeg Soup Recipe|
- 1 medium Cauliflower (with outer leaves intact)
- 50g (2 oz) Butter
- 2 medium Onions (roughly chopped)
- 1.5 liters Vegetable Stock
- 50g (2oz) Ground Almonds
- ½ tsp Nutmeg (grated)
- 100 ml Double Cream
- Fresh Parsley (chopped)
- Flaked Almonds (toasted)
How to make Cauliflower Nutmeg Soup:
- Chop the cauliflower
- Melt butter in a pan and saute the onions and cauliflower in it, for about 10 minutes.
- Add stock and boil. Lower the heat and allow it to simmer.
- Add ground almonds and nutmeg. Cover the pan and simmer for another 15-20 minutes.
- Pour the mixture in a blender and add double cream. Blend until it becomes smooth.
- Sprinkle chopped parsley and toasted almonds on top, before serving.