Cauliflower Salad Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.babble.com/best-recipes/simple-sides-lemony-roasted-cauliflower-salad/
|Cauliflower Salad Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||10 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1 medium head Cauliflower (about 4 cups/1 quart florets)
- 2 hard-boiled Eggs
- 1 medium stalk Celery (including leaves), minced
- ½ cup Green Pepper, chopped
- 2 Green Onions (green and white parts), chopped
- 3 tbsp low-carb Mashed Potato Substitute (optional)
- 1/3 cup Mayonnaise
- 1 tbsp Prepared Mustard (brown or yellow)
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- ¼ tsp Garlic Powder
- ¼ tsp Onion Powder
- 1-2 drops Hot Sauce (or a pinch of cayenne pepper)
- 1-2 tsp worth Sugar Substitute
- 2 tbsp Sugar-Free Pickle Relish
- Salt and pepper
- Fresh Herbs
How to make Cauliflower Salad:
- Break or chop the cauliflower into smallish florets. If they are too big, they're difficult to cook so that they have the right "bite" and flavor - the outside tends to overcook.
- Microwave the florets in a covered container with a small amount of water, or steam on the stove.
- You want them to be fork-tender (a fork slips in easily), but not overcooked (avoiding the stronger smell and flavor which develops with longer cooking).
- Drain and put into a medium bowl. Chop the egg and add. Toss with salt and pepper. I like quite a bit of pepper, and it does seem to take a surprising amount of salt, but this would be to taste.
- Sprinkle in the Carb Counter Instant Mashers if you're using them, and toss again.
- Mix the ingredients for the dressing (mayo, lemon juice, spices, etc.). Taste for the balance of flavors you like.
- Mix the chopped vegetables and the dressing into the cauliflower and egg mixture. Add chopped fresh herbs if you wish - chives, dill, or parsley work well.
- Garnish with the herb, or sprinkle with paprika. Chill.