Cauliflower Stifado Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.staceysnacksonline.com/2014/10/greek-cauliflower-stifado-w-kale-olives.html
|Cauliflower Stifado Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
- 2½ kg Cauliflower
- 6 small White Onions
- 1¼ cups Oil
- 10 cloves Garlic (split lengthwise)
- 1 tbsp Tomato Paste (diluted with 2 cups water)
- ½ cup vinegar
- ½ tbsp Rosemary
- 1 Bay Leaf
- 6 Peppercorns
How to make Cauliflower Stifado:
- Wash cauliflower well and cut into small florets.
- Peel the onions. Wash and drain well.
- Heat the oil in a heavy bottom saucepan and saute the onions for 2-3 minutes, or until golden brown.
- Put in garlic and fry until golden.
- Pour in the diluted tomato paste, vinegar, rosemary, and bay leaf, and cook for 30 minutes.
- Take some salted water in a pot and get to a boil.
- Add cauliflower to it and cook for 5 minutes.
- Drain well and mix cauliflowers, along with peppercorns into the sauce.
- Cover the saucepan and simmer until there is no liquid left.
- Serve hot.