Celery Soufflé Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yelp.com/biz_photos/chez-panisse-berkeley?select=s6U-i0C7vmDDq7FRJ-jCaQ
|Celery Soufflé Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
- 300 g (10 oz) Condensed Celery Soup
- 3 Celery Stalks (chopped)
- 3 Egg Yolks
- A pinch of Nutmeg (freshly grated)
- Salt (to taste)
- Black Pepper (freshly ground, to taste)
- 4 Egg Whites
- 1 tbsp Parmesan Cheese (grated)
- Margarine (for greasing)
How to make Celery Soufflé:
- Preheat oven to 350 °F (175 °C).
- Grease a 2 pint ovenproof dish.
- Place the condensed celery soup in a saucepan and keep it for heating.
- Add the celery stalks to the soup and stir well.
- Remove the soup from heat and add egg yolks and nutmeg.
- Add salt and black pepper. Stir well.
- Whisk the egg white in a small dry bowl till stiff peaks are formed.
- Fold one spoonful of egg white with a metal spoon into the celery mixture. Mix well.
- Add the remaining egg whites.
- Pour the mixture into the ovenproof dish.
- Bake the preparation for 40 minutes.
- Sprinkle Parmesan cheese over the soufflé and bake it for another 5 minutes.
- Remove and serve hot immediately.