Chakka Appam Recipe
Photo Credit: http://srees-recipes.blogspot.in/2010/10/kumbilappamvazhanayila-appamchakka.html
|Chakka Appam Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||20 Minutes |
||9.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
|Calories Per Serving
- 450gms (16 oz) Jackfruit bulbs (riped)
- 450gms (16 oz) Jaggery (dark, grated)
- 2 cups (16 oz) Rice Flour (Rice Powder)
- 4-5 Cardamom (Elaichi) (seeds removed and crushed)
- 2-3 tbsp Coconut (pieces finely chopped)
- Malabar or Banana Leaves (for wrapping)
How to make Chakka Appam:
- Chop the jackfruit into thin slices and pressure cook with 1/2 cup water till it becomes soft.
- Remove and mash the pulp well.
- Melt the jaggery in a heavy bottomed pan.
- Stir the mashed jackfruit and cook on a medium heat for about 15 minutes.
- Keep on stirring till the mixture becomes thick and appear like a jam.
- Cool the mixture.
- When cooled enough mix in the rice flour, adding just enough to form soft dough.
- Mix in the coconut and crushed cardamom.
- Place small amounts on each leaf and wrap well, sealing all the edges, use a toothpick if necessary especially if using the malabar leaves.
- Steam for about 15-20 minutes.
Serve warm or at room temperature.