Photo Credit: http://www.rasoimenu.com/cham-cham-recipe.html
||8.8 / 10 (19 votes)|
- 450 gms Paneer
- 4 cups Water
- 2 cups Sugar
- 2-3 tbsp Rose Water
- A few strands of Saffron
- 200gms Fresh Thickened/ Double Cream
How to make Cham-Cham:
- Put the paneer in a bowl and knead it. Knead till all the lumps are removed and the paneer/cheese is absolutely smooth.
- Prepare sugar syrup by adding sugar and water in a pressure cooker and bring the mixture to a boil (without covering the pressure cooker).
- While the sugar syrup boils, divide the paneer dough into small oblong shaped balls and roll between your palms till smooth.
- Gently dip the balls to the sugar syrup and cover the pressure cooker. After the first whistle, wait for 8-10 minutes and then turn off the flame.
- Release the steam from the pressure cooker and allow the Cham-Chams to cool completely before touching them.
- When cool, pour the rose water and saffron strands on the Cham-Chams and chill for a few hours.
- When chilled, remove the Cham-Chams from the syrup and arrange in a platter.
- Whisk the fresh cream till thick and fluffy. Fill into an icing bag and pipe a swirl out (with a thick nozzle) onto each Cham-Cham.
- Garnish with slivers of your favorite dried fruit and serve.