Chamani Qaliya Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bawarchi.com/recipe/chamani-qaliya-oessrJhjdadgj.html
|Chamani Qaliya Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||45 Minutes |
- 400 g Cottage Cheese (Paneer)
- 400 ml Milk
- 1 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 10 Cloves
- 1 tsp Cinnamon Powder
- 1 tsp Cardamom Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Powder
- ½ tsp Asafoetida (hing)
- 2 tsp Desi Ghee
- 10 g Cumin Seeds
- Mustard Oil, for deep frying
- Salt, to taste
How to make Chamani Qaliya:
- Take a bowl and then cut the cheese into small cubes.
- Take a heavy bottomed pan and heat the mustard oil in it. Deep fry the cheese until it turns light brown in color. Remove from oil.
- Now, take another pan and add water in it with turmeric powder. Make sure that there is enough water to cover the cheese.
- When water has boiled, put cheese cubes in it and simmer it for 20 minutes.
- Now, add cloves, cinnamon powder, cardamom powder, cumin powder, asafoetida and milk in the water and let it cook for another 10 minutes.
- Before serving, heat desi ghee in a pan and add cumin seeds in it. Pour this mixture over the cheese and serve hot.