Chana Palak Recipe
Photo Credit: http://bongong.com/bg/recipe/Channa_Palak_Tarkaer
|Chana Palak Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||9.5 / 10 (17 votes)|
- 1 cup Chickpeas (kabuli chana) (boiled)
- 4 cup Spinach Leaves
- 2 Onions, chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger-Green Chili Paste
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (jeera)
- 1 tsp Chana Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ cup Curd
- Salt (as per taste)
- Oil (as needed)
How to make Chana Palak:
- Soak chickpeas in water, for 5 hrs and boil them till they get soft. Keep it aside.
- Chop and rinse spinach leaves and then boil them for 5 minutes.
- Now, take a pan and put 2 tbsp oil in it. When the oil is hot, put cumin seeds in it.
- When the seeds start to crackle, put chopped onions in the pan and fry till they start turning brown.
- Add the ginger chili paste and fry for a few more seconds.
- Put curd in the above mixture and fry till the masala cooks well.
- Add garam masala and spinach to it and mix well again.
- When done, add boiled chickpeas and salt to the above mixture and reduce the heat to simmer. Let the mixture cook for a few more seconds.
- Once the gravy is prepared, sprinkle coriander leaves on it.
- Now, in a small pan, heat 1 tbsp oil and add chana masala in it.
- Pour this mixture over the gravy and serve hot, with rotis.