Chana Usal Recipe
|Chana Usal Recipe|
|Rating||10.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 Cup sprouted chana, cooked
- 1/2 tsp Garam masala
- 5 Curry leaves
- 1/4 tsp Crushed cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp Minced garlic
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tbsp Oil
- Salt to taste
- Make paste of:
- 1/2 Cup fresh coconut, grated
- 8 Green chilies
- 1 Small bunch coriander
How to make Chana Usal:
- In a large frying pan, heat 2 tbsp oil.
- Add the coconut paste and fry for two minutes.
- Pour three cups water and bring the mixture to boil.
- Add remaining ingredients and boil again.
- Cook the contents for about 20 minutes, stir it occasionally.
- Simmer until chanas turn soft and oil starts separating.
- Garnish Chana Usal with chopped onions.