Channa Batura Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.chewableschicago.com/classic-restaurant-review-udupi-palace/
|Channa Batura Recipe|
||60 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||7.8 / 10 (4 votes)|
- For Batura:
- 2 cups All purpose flour (Maida)
- 1 cup Milk
- ½ cup Curd
- ½ tsp Baking Powder
- 2 tsp Sugar
- Salt to taste
- Oil for deep frying
- For Channa:
- 1 cup Chick Peas (Kabuli Kadala)
- 1 Onion (large chopped)
- 1 Tomato (chopped)
- 2 nos Green Chillies (finely chopped)
- 1 tbsp Ginger-garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Chilly Powder
- 2 tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Garam Masala Powder
- 1 tsp Cumin Seeds (Jeerakam)
- Spices 2 each
- ¼ cup Oil
- Coriander Leaves for garnishing
- Salt to taste
How to make Channa Batura:
- For making Batura:
- Blend (mix) all the ingredients together for making batura.
- Mold them together to make a smooth dough.
- Set them aside for atleast an hour.
- Make some medium sized balls from the dough.
- Roll them to thick big poories.
- Deep fry them in oil for sometime.
- For making channa:
- Wet the channa overnight.
- Pressure cook it, till cooked well.
- Grind onion and make a smooth paste.
- In a pan heat oil, and add the cumin seeds, cloves, cardamom and cinnamon.
- Add the onion paste and ginger-garlic paste and sauté well, till the oil starts to separate.
- Add all powders and salt and saute them for few seconds.
- Add green chillies and tomatoes and saute, till the tomatoes blend well.
- Add the cooked channa and stir them well.
- Bring it to a boil till the gravy thickens.
- Garnish it with some coriander leaves.
Goes great with hot puris.