Chatak Chutney Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.mytaste.in/s/chatak-chutney.html
|Chatak Chutney Recipe|
||10 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||3.0 / 10 (1 vote)|
- 1 small Green Capsicum (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 small Red Capsicum (deseeded and chopped)
- 1 medium Apple (peeled and chopped)
- 4-5 large Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 tsp Oil
- 2 inch Cinnamon Stick (Dalchini)
- 5 Cloves
- 2 Green Cardamoms (Choti Elaichi)
- 1 medium Onion (chopped)
- 2-3 cloves Garlic (chopped)
- 3/4 cup Sugar
- Rock Salt to taste (Sendha Namak)
- 1/2 tbsp Red Chilli Powder
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin Powder
- 1/4 cup Vinegar
How to make Chatak Chutney:
- In a wok (kadhai), heat oil and add cinnamon, cloves and green and stir fry.
- Add onion and garlic to it and sauté for a minute.
- Add capsicum and red bell pepper and sauté for another one minute.
- Now add apple and stir fry for another half a minute.
- Add tomatoes, sugar, red chilli powder and rock salt to it and simmer on medium flame till sugar is completely dissolved.
- Now add one-fourth cup of water, and allow it to simmer till it turns thick.
- Remove from heat and allow it to cool.
- Now add roasted cumin powder and vinegar and mix well with the help of a spatula.
- Transfer into a sterilized airtight jar and store in the refrigerator.