Cheese Borek Recipe
|Cheese Borek Recipe|
||Non Veg. |
- 1 Egg (lightly beaten)
- 1 bunch fresh Parsley (minced)
- 2 cloves Garlic (minced)
- 3/4 tsp Red Pepper (crushed)
- 6 ounces smoked Gouda Cheese (shredded)
- 6 ounces Emmentaler Cheese (finely shredded)
- 12 sheets Phyllo Dough
- 1½ cups unsalted Butter (melted)
How to make Cheese Borek:
- Mix egg, parsley, garlic and crushed red pepper in a medium bowl. Mix in Gouda and emmentaler.
- Place phyllo dough on a flat surface, one sheet at a time. Brush each sheet with about 1 tbsp butter. Cut each sheet lengthwise, into 4 strips.
- Place a rounded tsp of egg mixture at one end of each strip. Fold the corner of the strip over each filling, to make a triangular fold.
- Make stuffed triangles with all the strips, following the same process.
- Preheat the oven to a temperature of 350 degrees F.
- Arrange the stuffed triangles on a buttered baking sheet, in a single layer.
- Bake in the oven for 30 minutes.
- Serve warm.