Photo Credit: http://www.rasoiartofcooking.com/2014/04/chekkalu/
||6.5 / 10 (4 votes)|
- 2 Cups rice flour
- 4 tbsp Bengal gram
- 2 tbsp Ground nuts
- 6 Green chilies
- 1 tsp Salt
- Oil for frying
- Water to make dough
How to make Chekkalu:
- Grind green chillies to make a fine paste.
- Combine rice flour, ground nuts, roasted Bengal gram, salt and chilli paste, mix well.
- Add sufficient water and knead the mixture into soft and stiff dough.
- Make lime sized balls from the dough.
- Now flatten each ball into a circle using your fingers and palm.
- Heat oil in a skillet and deep-fry them until golden brown.
- Now Store Chakkalu in an airtight container.