Chembu Mezhukkupuratti Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.malayalamrecipe.com/colocasia-dry-curry-chembu-mezhukkupuratti
|Chembu Mezhukkupuratti Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
- 150 g Colocasia (peeled)
- 2 tbsp Oil
- 1 tsp Mustard Seeds
- 6 Shallots (chopped)
- 1 stalk of Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 tsp Chilly Powder
- Ground Black Pepper (to taste)
- Salt (to taste)
How to make Chembu Mezhukkupuratti:
- Cut the colocasia into 3 cm long pieces.
- Take oil in a pan and fry mustard seeds.
- When the mustard seeds start crackling, add shallots and curry leaves. Cook the shallots turn brown.
- Add turmeric powder and chilly powder. Stir.
- Flavor with salt and black pepper.
- Add ½ cup water and cook covered for 15 minutes on low flame.
- Uncover the pan and simmer till the water dries up.