Chemmeen Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YnxNla1-hF8
|Chemmeen Curry Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||25 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
- ½ kg (500 gms) Shrimps (Chemmeen)
- 1 Raw Mango (chopped)
- 100 gm (3½ oz) Tomato
- ½ cup Coconut (grated)
- 2 Pearl Onions (Kunjulli)
- ½ tsp Turmeric Powder
- ½ tsp Chilly Powder
- 1 tsp Coconut Oil
- A few Curry Leaves
- ½ tsp Mustard Seeds
How to make Chemmeen Curry:
- Heat a pan. Add shrimps, mango pieces, tomato, turmeric powder, chilly powder, and 1/4 cup of water and some salt to taste.
- Bring it to boil. Do not boil more than 15 minutes.
- Grind together the grated coconut and pearl onions into a fine paste.
- Add the coconut-pearl onions paste to the pan.
- When it boils, switch off the flame.
- Heat the coconut oil in a pan.
- Add mustard seeds and the curry leaves.
- Pour the above seasoning into the curry and stir them well.
Goes great with hot rice.