Cherry Tomato Pizza Margherita Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.bonappetit.com/recipe/cherry-tomato-pizza-margherita
|Cherry Tomato Pizza Margherita Recipe|
||30 Minutes |
||40 Minutes |
- 1/2 tsp Fennel Seeds (coarsely crushed)
- 1/3 cup fresh Basil Leaves (chopped)
- 1 13.8 oz Refrigerated Pizza Dough
- 1 tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 12 oz Cherry Tomatoes (stemmed)
- 1 Garlic Clove (pressed)
- 1/4 tsp Dried Crushed Red Pepper
- 1 4 oz Fresh Mozzarella (diced)
- 4 oz Whole-Milk Mozzarella (diced)
How to make Cherry Tomato Pizza Margherita:
- Preheat oven to 425°F, on a heavy large baking sheet unroll dough; stretch dough to about 12x8 inch (rectangle shape). To make a border, fold over the edge of dough.
- Preheat large skillet (over high heat) for 2 minutes. Now toss tomatoes and add oil, sprinkle it with pepper and salt.
- Cook until tomatoes for about 5 minutes. Spoon the content into a large bowl.
- Add garlic, fennel and red pepper (crushed).
- Crush tomatoes using back of fork in bowl (leaving large chunks intact). Sprinkle the content with pepper and salt.
- Add cheese and basil (chopped) in medium bowl.
- Spread mixture of cheese evenly over dough. Now spoon tomato mixture leaving some cheese uncovered. Bake it until brown.
- With a metal spatula loosen pizza and shift it onto a board. Garnish it with basil leaves and serve it hot.