Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe
Photo Credit: http://lekhafoods.com/india/chettinad/chicken.aspx
|Chettinad Chicken Curry Recipe|
||20 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||9.4 / 10 (8 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- Roast Without Oil And Grind To Paste
- 1 tsp Whole Black Pepper
- 7 Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Khus Khus
- 1 tsp Fennel Seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin Seeds
- 1 tsp Coriander Seeds
- 2 Cardamoms
- 3-4 Cloves
- 1 inch piece Cinnamon
- 5-6 Curry Leaves (optional)
- 2-3 tsp Coconut Powder
- 1 kg Chicken
- 2 Medium Onions, finely chopped
- 1-2 Medium Tomatoes, finely chopped
- 2 tsp Ginger Garlic Paste
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- Curry Leaves, for garnishing
- Coriander Leaves, to taste
How to make Chettinad Chicken Curry:
- Heat oil in a pan and fry onions in it. When it becomes brown in color, add curry leaves, tomato and ginger-garlic paste. Fry well.
- When it is fried well and becomes like a paste, put chicken in it.
- Now, put salt and the ground masala, lemon juice, 2 cups water and cook it in pressure cooker. Allow one whistle making sure that the chicken is tender.
- When done, transfer it to the pan, sprinkle coriander leaves over it and cook it for 5 minutes.
- Serve it with steamed white rice.