Chettinad Chicken Kulambu Recipe
Photo Credit: http://www.yummytummyaarthi.com/2014/07/chettinad-chicken-curry-recipe.html
|Chettinad Chicken Kulambu Recipe|
||15 Minutes |
||30 Minutes |
||Non Veg. |
|Calories Per Serving
- 1/2 kg Chicken
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 1Tomato (chopped)
- 1/2 tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1/2 tsp Chill powder
- 1/2 tsp Coriander Powder
- 1/2 tsp Mustard seeds
- 1/2 tsp Cumin seeds
- 1/2 tsp Fennel seeds
- Oil and Salt as required
Roast and make a paste of:
- 5 Red Chillies
- 2 tsp Coriander seeds
- 1 inch Ginger
- 7 Garlic (small)
- 2 inch Cinnamon
- 2 Cardamoms
- 1 tsp Peppercorns
- 5 Cloves
- 4 tsp Coconut (grated)
- 5 Curry Leaves
How to make Chettinad Chicken Kulambu:
- Marinate the chicken in turmeric powder and salt keep aside for five minutes.
- Roast the red chillies, coriander seeds, ginger, garlic, cinnamon, cardamom, peppercorns, cloves, curry leaves and grated coconut in a pan with a little oil. Wet grind to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, cumin seeds and fennel seeds.
- Once it splutters add onion and fry till it becomes golden brown in color.
- Add tomatoes and fry till it becomes soft.
- Add coriander powder, turmeric powder, chili powder and fry for 3 to 5 minutes.
- Add the finely ground paste and fry for 2 to 3 minutes.
- Finally add the marinated chicken, salt and water.
- Cover, the pan with a lid and cook for about 20 minutes or till the chicken pieces are cooked.
- Garnish with fired curry leaves and coriander leaves.
Minced meat gravy or dry can be served with rice or roti.