Chettinad Chicken Sambar Recipe
|Chettinad Chicken Sambar Recipe|
||3.5 / 10 (2 votes)|
||Non Veg. |
- ½ kg Chicken (pieces)
- 1 tsp Ginger Paste
- 1 tsp Garlic Paste
- ½ tsp Garam Masala Powder
- ½ tsp Red Chili Powder
- ¼ tsp Coriander Powder
- ¼ tsp Turmeric Powder
- 1 Onion (chopped)
- 2 Tomatoes (chopped)
- 2 Green Chilies (slit opened)
- 1 cup Toor Dal (cooked)
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds + Urad Dal
- 2 Dry Red Chilies
- 1 tsp Lemon Juice
- 5 Curry Leaves
- 2 tbsp Coriander Leaves (chopped)
How to make Chettinad Chicken Sambar:
- Marinate the chicken with red chili powder, turmeric powder, coriander powder, garam masala and enough salt. Keep aside.
- Heat oil in a pan and add mustard seeds, urad dal and dry red chilies and fry them.
- Add chopped onions, chopped tomatoes; curry leaves green chilies, and ginger and garlic paste.
- Stir until the onions turn translucent.
- Add the marinated chicken pieces and cook until the chicken changes its color and the raw smell of ginger-garlic paste disappears.
- Add a cup of water to the mixture and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Add the cooked toor dal and salt. Cook until the oil separates and chicken pieces are well-cooked.
- Add lemon juice and chopped coriander leaves to the chicken sambhar.
- Remove from heat and serve hot, with steamed rice.